AIGA Raleigh Presents:
A Homegrown Lunch and Learn Event
Tuesday, May 9 11:30am @ 18 Seaboard
It takes courage to invite people into “your domain” without feeling challenged by their opinions. Collaboration doesn’t signal weakness, it leverages your expertise while acknowledging the important vantage points of those around you. In fact, the best ideas can come from people who view things through a different lens than our own. Inviting a developer into the design process, or welcoming a business analyst into a brainstorming session to come up with new marketing slogans, can yield great results. It takes courage to invite people into your established process and area of expertise, but the days of working in silos are over. It's time to get collaborative!
- Why collaboration yields better result than working in silos
- How to invite people into your domain without feeling challenged by their opinions
- The difference between collaborating and asking for feedback
- Tips for setting up your workplace in a way that fosters collaboration (and how to do it on a shoestring budget)
- How to turn collaboration into a habit
- How to celebrate a successful collaboration, in a collaborative way
- Ways to nurture a collaborative culture
About Kristin McPeak
As Design Operations Director at PointSource, Kristin helps the team do their very best creative and user-centric work by keeping them motivated and on track to deliver game-changing digital solutions. Cross-disciplinary collaboration is at the core of the culture at PointSource. Let Kristin give you some tips on how to break out of your own silo and get collaborative!
Homegrown: A Lunch & Learn Series from AIGA Raleigh
Things change fast in our industry, and it's important for us to grow our non-traditional design skills. This monthly lunch (or dinner) series brings local, "homegrown" experts together with designers for an intimate, in-depth discussion of different skills or topics that will help designers add a few skills to their toolbox. Homegrown is your opportunity to have a meal with the smartest people in town!