Every month we post brief updates to projects, events, and initiatives we are working on at AIGA Raleigh. If you have any questions or ideas to share, email us at email@example.com. Want to volunteer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you’d like to get involved.
- The Homegrown series will be on hiatus for the summer, we will be back in September with Julia Elman who will discuss ways to contribute our talents, gifts and ideas to varying initiatives around the globe that are working to solve the most difficult problems we face as a society.
- If you are interested in helping with the Homegrown Series, please contact email@example.com.
Design For Good
- Our work with Triangle Wiki is winding down, and we are collecting our final recommendations for improving the user experience design of the site and the marketing messages to use to promote the site. Share your ideas on the Project Work Space on the Triangle Wiki.
- We are working on the AIGA Raleigh Design For Good Blog, stay tuned for a launch date. We are looking for people to contribute to and/or share their DFG work on the blog. Send ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ve introduced The Window Project, a challenge to effect positive social change in your immediate surroundings through creative thought. It’s meant to encourage everyone in the creative community to take a more active role in addressing the social needs of our neighborhoods.
- The National AIGA Design For Good Initiative is in the early stages of forming a partnership with GOOD Magazine.
- AIGA National has a great list of DFG resources.
- We want to know what design-related film we should show next. Email ideas to email@example.com.
- Raleigh tour will be in September. We are planning the event as part of designSPARK and it will be held during SPARKcon.
- This is one of our most popular and highly attended events. If you’d like to help organize the tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are in the early stages of organizing the next Pursuit Fund round. Start thinking about what project or goal you’d like to submit to receive a grant from AIGA Raleigh.
Annual Meeting (to be renamed)
- Event will be in September and will be renamed.
- Will be a Design For Good-centric event with short presentations ranging from DFG at the national, local, and individual level.
- We will also be presenting the Fellow Award to Aly Khalifa, who will also speak about the amazing work he does with Gamil Design and within our community.
- We are currently recruiting a team to help produce this event. If interested, please email email@example.com.
- The AIGA partnership with Adobe makes workshops available to chapters. Adobe provides an expert presenter and the chapter books a venue and promotes the event to your local community.
- We would love to bring these events to you, so we are looking for volunteers to produce the event, which entails selecting a date, booking a venue, and promoting the event. If you are interested in putting on one of these workshops, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current workshops available are:
- “Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition Workshop.” In this workshop, you will learn everything you need to know to design and prepare an iPad app for submission to the Apple App Store—without writing code!
- “Creative Cloud™ Workshop for Designers.” Create and deliver compelling designs to more audiences in more places than ever.
- “Learn to Build a Website in One Day.” Adobe® Muse™ software, available as part of Adobe Creative Cloud or single app membership, enables graphic designers to create HTML websites for desktop and mobile devices, without writing code.