Join AIGA Raleigh for our September Virtual Community Meeting! It is more important than ever to stay connected. Please note that the Zoom link will be sent out 48 hours before the meeting and then again day of. It will not be published publicly to avoid a room takeover. Please do not share the link publicly once you get it.
Navigating virtual learning and seeking opportunities.
Join us as we talk to our panelists about how to create meaningful connections and present yourself in our current virtual climate. Meet the panelists!
Chanel Power - UX Researcher at Apple
I'm a chemist and mathematician furthering my career as a user experience researcher utilizing quantitative, qualitative, computational, analytical and collaborative skills to enhance the user’s experience within technology at Apple. I specialize in accessibility.
Since the quarantine I‘ve newly founded, Mentor Me, an initiative to help under-represented populations enter into the tech space. The Mentor Me initiative proactively addresses the gap in diversity with assisting mentees in resume revisions, career advising, and webinar trainings to aid in cultivating connections with the colleagues in my network. Within these projects, my core values of empathy, ambiguity and leadership have empowered me to inspire my mentees and build a legacy for the future.
Kaliq Ray - Interaction Designer at Red Hat
Kaliq Ray is a creative designer based in the Raleigh-Durham area. Although he was born and raised in Miami, FL, Kaliq has made North Carolina his new home. Kaliq spends his time reading books about art, history, and economics, and trying new recipes with his wife. Outside of his day job as an Interaction Designer for Red Hat, Kaliq contributes to the Triangle design community as the Director of Storytelling for AIGA Raleigh. Kaliq's expertise includes creative direction, motion design, branding, design strategy, and conceptual development in a multitude of industries from food, film, TV, journalism, and tech.
Danielle Hennis - Presentation Specialist, Graphic Designer, and Owner of Make It Memorable
Danielle is a presentation specialist, graphic designer, and owner of Make It Memorable. She combines her background in psychology, teaching, and graphic design to teach others how to present better virtually and in-person. As a designer, she specializes in presentations, data visualization, infographics, and visually communicating your message to your target audience.
Please note that the Zoom link will be sent out before the meeting. It will not be published publicly to avoid a room takeover. Please do not share the link publicly once you get it.
A few house rules:
- When you sign on please make sure your microphone is on mute. You can hit the spacebar to mute and unmute to talk.
- Please use your first and last name so we know who it is.
- If you are on camera try not to have a bright light source behind you so we can see you. Unless of course you are in the witness protection program then by all means...
- We would LOVE to see you but understand if you are feeling a little less than presentable. It is ok to leave those cameras off and it may even help depending on your internet connection.
- We will be making use of the Raise Hand function and the Chat window within Zoom to keep conversations flowing. There will be board members ready to answer questions.