High-Touch for Tech : Activate your designs by engaging clients, users and teams.
The first Homegrown After Dark event went so well we wanted to do it again. Don't worry we'll be back to doing Homegrown Lunch and Learns in May and June.
In the business of user-centered design you should frequently push back from your computer and engage with users, teammates, and stakeholders. PointSource, a highly technical company that designs and builds mobile websites and apps, embraces this approach. They recently created a new office space that was built with collaboration in mind and are excited to share ways to bring the benefits of high-touch to your work in tech.
Learn how to:
- Observe users in their natural habitat and create personas that keep project teams focused on the end user
- Validate your approach by testing early and often
- Iterate quickly through sketching
- Collaborate effectively with clients, developers, project managers, and other designers
- Refine your methods of observation and collaboration by identifying what to "Keep, Toss, Try" in your own process
Dinner will be provided.
PointSource is a leading digital experience firm comprised of talented mobile experts. They partner with businesses such as Finish Line, h.h. gregg, and Allstate to craft holistic mobile strategies that transform how businesses engage with their audience.
Homegrown After Dark, a Dinner & Learn series from AIGA Raleigh
Things change fast in our industry, and it's important for us to grow our non-traditional design skills. This monthly series brings local, "homegrown" experts together with designers for an intimate, in-depth discussion of different skills or topics that will help designers add a few skills to their toolbox. Homegrown is your opportunity to break bread with the smartest people in town.