We invite you to join our community of creatives who share a common purpose. We are advancing our profession and proving the impact of design in our community.
And it’s never been easier to stand up and be counted by becoming a member.
How do you make the most of your membership? Simple:
Get involved. Even in the smallest ways. When you participate, you meet people. You create valuable connections that strengthen your career, your skills, and the creative community for all of us. We often say:
“You will get everything out of it what you put into it.”
And it’s true. When you get involved and become an active participant in the chapter, you will discover benefits of membership that reach far beyond benefits that can be listed on a page. You will find your professional home—a place where you belong and you’ll meet people who share your passion for what you do.
So how do you get started?
The perfect place to start: Our monthly Community Meeting.
The Triangle creative community is active and energetic. Which is why AIGA Raleigh community meetings are less meeting and more community. We organize the event around you: You’ll meet people. You’ll share your ideas. You’ll learn more about what’s happening in the community. And you’ll find many ways to participate. The event is free—everyone is welcome.
We hold our meetings on the first Wednesday of every month, from 6:30-8. Typically they’re held at 105 Brooks Avenue in Raleigh, but have recently begun taking the meeting on tour to local creative organizations. Please check the event calendar for the current location. And while the event is free, we hope you take a moment to register. If you have a creative agency or design department and would like to host a future meeting, please contact us.
When you join AIGA Raleigh, you will be automatically added to our mailing list so we can keep you up to date on upcoming events and the latest news from the blog. We’ve got some great programming—including our informal Town Square events and monthly Homegrown series, which brings local experts together with designers for an intimate, in-depth discussion of topics and skills that will help creatives become more successful in a changing industry.
Students and Emerging designers can gain vital experience and make valuable connections at a critical time in their careers. Now is an ideal time to get involved with AIGA Raleigh—and we’ve got special programming and a blog just for you. Students, soon you will be looking for internships and your first jobs after graduation, and Emerging Designers, you’re transitioning from the life of a student to that of a working designer. So whatever stage in your career, you can participate with a community of like-minded people and establish life-long relationships with experienced mentors.
Want to make a difference and ignite design-driven social change? Get involved with Design For Good. This is a national movement throughout AIGA chapters across the country.
Here’s where you will really get the most our of your membership. There’s no better way to connect to fellow members in your community than by working side-by-side with them for the good of the community. AIGA Raleigh is also a safe space to learn: If you want to learn new skills, we have experts who can help get you started.
- Want to improve your writing skills? Become a blog contributor. And we’re always looking for copywriters.
- Improve your project management skills? Plan an event or serve on a committee.
- Try new social media techniques? We have an engaged audience, and our social media channels are a great place to learn.
- Try your hand at video storytelling? Volunteer to make a promo video for an upcoming event, or film an event and create a recap video.
- Interested in photography? Be an event photographer, upload your best shots to our Flickr page.
- Looking for a design project that’s different from your day job? Volunteer to design graphics for an upcoming event.
- Are you an expert in your field and want to teach others? Request to be a speaker at a Homegrown event.
- Is there a nationally recognized speaker you think we should invite to speak in Raleigh? Work with us to plan an event centered around them.
- Want to gain leadership skills and help shape the future of the chapter? Join the Community Board.
There are countless ways to participate, learn, and grow both personally and professionally. If you have a skill you think would be valuable to the chapter, or want to participate but just aren’t sure how—contact our Community Organizer. If you have a question or an idea you want to share with the board, let us know.