Every month we’ll post brief updates to all the projects, events, and initiatives we are working on. So if you want to know what’s going on with AIGA Raleigh, this is the place to keep tabs on what we are doing. If you have any questions or ideas to share, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to volunteer to help with any of the things we are working on, please send us an email at email@example.com and let us know how you’d like to get involved.
- March: “Choosing Raleigh: Because Brooklyn Doesn’t Need Another Designer” with Josh Gajownik on March 12.
- April: “Designing for the Android Platform” with Anil Shukla of Two Toasters on April 9.
Design For Good
- Next meeting is TBD. Check the Facebook Group for updates.
- We’ve narrowed down the survey questions to send to the Triangle Wiki contributors. Reid Serozi will email the survey to Triangle Wiki contributors this week. We hope to have results in time for the next meeting. Results will help guide us in how to position Triangle WIki and improvements to the site’s design and functionality.
- We’ve introduced The Window Project, a challenge to effect positive social change in your immediate surroundings through creative thought. It’s meant to encourage everyone in the creative community to take a more active role in confronting the social needs of our neighborhoods.
- Series premiere, featuring the film, Design & Thinking, will be held May 9th at the Rialto.
- David Burney, a local Design Thinking expert, will give a talk before the film.
Alina Wheeler Event
- Registration is open.
- There will be a book signing. We will have books for sale at the event.
- NCSU faculty and students get in free as the event is held on campus. A valid NCSU ID will be required.
Student Portfolio Review
- April 6th from 9:30 until 2 pm at Centerline
- Registration is open! All tickets must be purchased online. There will be no tickets/admission at the door.
- Tickets are limited to 44 college senior students. Registration ends on March 27th at 11:55 pm!
- We are going to try to schedule the Durham tour for June.
- Raleigh tour will be in the fall (or June if Durham doesn’t work out )
- Matt Bryson is our new Director of Partnerships.
- Kristin McPeak, Sophia Hitchcock, Josh Vaughn, and Eric Flood (aka “The Alina Wheeler Action Team”) are working with Jonathan Opp to organize the Alina Wheeler event.
- Starr Judd will be working on Merry Mingle with Jason and Amber this year.