Join AIGA Raleigh for our May Virtual Community Meeting! It is more important than ever to stay connected. Please note that the Zoom link will be sent out 48 hours before the meeting and then again day of. It will not be published publicly to avoid a room takeover. Please do not share the link publicly once you get it.
Our shared purpose...
If you have been a regular with us any time in the past decade or so, you know that AIGA Raleigh is here to create a place where design thrives for everyone. We do this through three main areas, Design Empowerment, Design Impact, and Uniting People. These four areas funnel into a fourth goal of creating an open chapter.
We wanted to shape the content and activities for the May meeting around these areas so we will be breaking up into groups for the evening as follows: When you register please tell us what session you are most interested in so we can be ready.
Come with projects to share, something to brag about even! Did you learn something new? Tell us about it! Perhaps you need some critique on something to help you get unstuck. This will be the room to hang in for the evening to show what you have been doing or get inspired by others.
There will be a talk on how you can be best prepared as a designer to contribute your talents to the causes that matter to you. And if you are looking to help, we will have some great places that you can look into for yourself.
We will be hosting a game of Drawful! Don't worry you do not need to buy anything. We will have hosted session(s) that you can sign into and just decompress with new and old friend alike.
This will be the main lobby. We are going to just hang out and talk about what we can do to lift each other up as well as our community. This is where you can really get in the mix and help shape the chapter as we look towards getting back in the same room in the (hopeful) near future.
We are so excited to see old friends again and welcome new faces to our thriving creative community.
Please note that the Zoom link will be sent out 48 hours before the meeting and then again day of. It will not be published publicly to avoid a room takeover. Please do not share the link publicly once you get it.
A few house rules:
- When you sign on please make sure your microphone is on mute. You can hit the spacebar to mute and unmute to talk.
- Please use your first and last name so we know who it is.
- If you are on camera try not to have a bright light source behind you so we can see you. Unless of course you are in the witness protection program then by all means...
- We would LOVE to see you but understand if you are feeling a little less than presentable. It is ok to leave those cameras off and it may even help depending on your internet connection.
- We will be making use of the Raise Hand function and the Chat window within Zoom to keep conversations flowing. There will be board members ready to answer questions.