Our Annual Studio Tour is one of our favorite events. It’s a unique chance to get an inside look into twelve of Raleigh’s leading Graphic Design, Web Design and Advertising Agencies. It is also a fun opportunity to meet fellow creatives and make or renew connections.
We have yet to have one person be able to visit all the participating studios, though Matt Munoz and Jonathan Opp did make an admirable attempt a few years ago. To help you plan your Studio Tour adventure here are a few tips we’ve learned from previous tours.
- Register for the tour. Registered attendees will receive a PDF map via email prior to the tour.
- Follow @aigaraleigh and #studiotour13 all the latest updates. Many studios open early and announce it on Twitter. Use the hashtag #studiotour13 when posting on social media.
- Bookmark our Twitter list of tour participants to see what they have planned. Many studios set a theme for the night and post teaser tweets. And with the awards we will be handing out these year, I expect there will be some really fun and creative things going on. This is a great way to decide who goes on your “must visit” list.
- Once you have your “must visit” list, hop on over to the Studio Tour website and check out our Google map of all the studios. Use it to plan your route. It’s a good idea to start with studios that are close to each other if you are looking to visit as many as you can.
- Invite your friends! Carpool and/or use the RLine to get around downtown. It’s always more fun with more than one!
- Bring a good supply of business cards. You’ll be meeting a lot of people, and you’ll want to get in touch with them later to continue your conversations.
- Don’t be a wallflower. Mix and mingle, join in on conversations or strike up a new one.
- Capture the moments. Take lots of photos and share them on our Flickr Group. Share what you saw, see what you missed.
- Be courteous and respectful of your hosts and their space. Thank the studios for their hospitality when you leave.
- Have fun!